Do not enter any forms in the new computer before you have moved the ADM Catalog from the old computer! If you have entered forms in the new computer those forms will no longer be present after the move. You will have to re-enter them or do the ADM Data Transfer Export and Import (run ADM, go to Help > ADM User Guide > Chapters 39 & 30 for instructions).
On the old computer:
1) Copy the C:\ADM\Database folder onto a flash drive, thumb drive, or USB drive
2) Install ADM on the new computer. Rename the ..\ADM\Database folder that was just installed to "Database-empty"
a) Open Windows Explorer by right-clicking the start menu button. In the left pane of Windows Explorer:
b) Click on My Computer or Computer
c) Click on Local Disk ( C: ). Locate the ADM folder which may appear in the left pane or the right pane.
d) Left-click (once or twice) on the ADM folder. The subfolders in ADM display in a panel on the right.
e) Right-click on the Database folder and then left-click on Rename. Put the cursor in the box containing the label "Database" and rename it "Database-empty"
3.Insert your flash drive in the new computer. Copy the Database folder on the USB drive into the C:\ADM folder on your new computer.
3a) Right-click on the Database folder on the USB drive in Windows Explorer and click on Copy.
3c) On the new computer, right-click on the C:\ADM folder, left-click on Paste. The Database folder will be created and the files from the old computer will be copied from the USB drive.
4) REINSTALL ADM on the new computer. This updates the database you just copied from the old computer to the version installed on the new computer.
5) Run ADM and check that the Catalog has entries. You can delete the folder ..\ADM\ Database-empty or leave it.
6) Uninstall ADM on the old computer.